Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHighScoresClient DownloadSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to RoyalScape's Community!
Please vote at royalvote.tk to bring in more players!
You can download the client by clicking the "Download" tab in the navigation bar.
RoyalScape is owned by Kevin, so all donations should be given to him.

Religion and Politics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

Religion and Politics Empty
PostSubject: Religion and Politics   Religion and Politics EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 6:13 pm

I know religion and politics are touchy subjects, but I've decided to go for it. Remember,
THIS IS AN INTELLIGENT DEBATE. NO FLAMING OR OFF TOPIC POSTS.
ANY POSTS CONTAINING SPAM OR SWEAR WORDS WILL BE DELETED.

Also, please don't post one sentance saying, "I'm this religion, I don't believe it that...blah blah blah."
Does everyone understand? Hopefully, so let's move on.

Today's Sunday, so traditionally I go to church. Today our pastor was talking about Christianity and Politics, how people in the bible began to forget about who gave them their blessings and they wanted God out of the picture. Not what we're talking about exactly, but it gave me an idea.

What's happening to this world and our religions?
I mean, honestly. Here in the USA, they took "In God We Trust" from any form of currency (the new bills, the old ones still have that on there.) Our country was built on religion and trust in our Lord. Why are we leaving him behind? Have we forgotten who has given us our blessings?

Or maybe it's a hostile takeover from the government!
I mean, look at them. Why do you think they're so angry and red in teh face?! Twisted Evil

Anyways, keep on topic, and please don't flame.
And remember, we don't care if you aren't a Christian or don't believe in God.
The topic is mostly about whether or not our governments may be getting in the way of our religions.
Back to top Go down
https://royalscape.forumotion.net
Vitality
Respected Member
Respected Member
Vitality

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Politics   Religion and Politics EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Lol, I was just waiting for a topic like this.

Let me get one thing straight, just for information. I'm an athiest.

Anyways, you can't discuss politics without involving religion, especially the way you worded it.

As science and knowledge develops, there are less and less people becoming Christians/some other religion. It's been proven.

Honestly, it's not so much (taking your side for now) that we forgot who "gave us our blessings" (still don't believe in God) as in it's just not needed. Every single person in the world has at least heard of/thought of some sort of God. Thus being the fact that it's not needed to put "In God We Trust" because the people who believe in God don't need that on the dollar bills, whereas the people who are athiests just angers them. Currency is a NATIONAL thing, not something based on a single community of people.

It's like having different money for black people and white people. The "In God We Trust" is just not needed.
Back to top Go down
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member
Zumori

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Politics   Religion and Politics EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:05 am

I agree with Vitality but just one point here, Christianity is like believing in ghosts, There's no absolute proof it/they exist and it's more of a guessing game, As with all religions, I would never let something like religion get in the way of my life, I'm atheist but Agnostic at that, None of the religions I've found have really appealed to me nor made much sense, Also just one thing, Scientology was created by a fiction writer because "That's where the money is.”-Quote from the founder of it, It costs hundreds of thousand to pursue and in that, I would never waste my time on a religion where you can not believe it your whole life and in the end of all humanity, still be accepted by it's god(Correct me If I'm wrong about that) As for the "In God We Trust" on the U.S currency, I think it was biased to begin with, Almost every president has been Christian and honestly it should have been changed a while ago, There are other religions in this country and I don't think you should base the whole currency off of just one that's majority.
Back to top Go down
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Politics   Religion and Politics EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:34 am

Zumori wrote:
None of the religions I've found have really appealed to me nor made much sense

In my honest opinion, I don't think any religion completely appeals to me or makes much sense. I'm a Christian because I believe in God and Christ, but in every religion, there's always biased opinions. Only one people, religion, sex, race can do this and that. What I don't understand is why religion is like this. If we aren't supposed to judge people, why are religions biased?

Zumori wrote:

As for the "In God We Trust" on the U.S currency, I think it was biased to begin with, Almost every president has been Christian and honestly it should have been changed a while ago, There are other religions in this country and I don't think you should base the whole currency off of just one that's majority.

But, you understand our country (USA) was built on Christianity?
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

People are under the impression that it's biased, but I think of it as Americans showing everyone else (not forcing people to convert to another religion, nor is it to make anyone angry) that they respect and speak freely of their religion. Since people have removed it, it's only angered more people, and "satisfied" people who don't understand.

As for the presidents being Christian, there isn't anything wrong with that, is there? If people wanted, they'd choose people who believe in what's best for the country, whether they're Christian or not.
Back to top Go down
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member
Zumori

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Politics   Religion and Politics EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 5:59 pm

I'm saying all of the President's being christian delayed it being changed, The U.S was built on Christianity, But labeling things in it is like making a bird house only for Blue Jays, People came from all over the world to create America, Not just it's Christian base, The thing is that even if 30% of the population was Christian, two presidents that had the same exact views and appeal to the community except one was muslim, the Christian one would be picked, because the rest of the 70% would be versions of christianity or atheism. I'm going to stay irreligious because in most of them, You can disobey all of your god(s) orders/rules and still be accepted. In my opinion with that, religion is a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
i pk urmom i
i pk urmom i

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Politics   Religion and Politics EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:14 pm

I don't believe in any religion as how why waste your time when theres no solid proof. Yes they have the bible but what if the guy forgot the last page which said "JUST KIDDING BRO"

so I'm basicly a atheist but i don't belong to that, i believe that people are more of a god then "god" is a god, if you understand what i mean. Also i'd have like 800 sins since like wanking is a sin unless your a priest, so nty.
Back to top Go down
i pk urmom i
i pk urmom i

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Politics   Religion and Politics EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:17 pm

i pk urmom i wrote:
I don't believe in any religion as how why waste your time when theres no solid proof. Yes they have the bible but what if the guy forgot the last page which said "JUST KIDDING BRO"

so I'm basicly a atheist but i don't belong to that, i believe that people are more of a god then "god" is a god, if you understand what i mean. Also i'd have like 800 sins since like wanking is a sin unless your a priest, so nty.

LONG LIVE THE BIG BANG THEORY, WHERE CHUCK NORRIS HUMPED YOUR MOM AND WE WERE CREATED.

soz ment to hit edit not quote... mah bad on spamish
Back to top Go down
Vitality
Respected Member
Respected Member
Vitality

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Politics   Religion and Politics EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:40 pm

i pk urmom i wrote:
i pk urmom i wrote:

LONG LIVE THE BIG BANG THEORY, WHERE CHUCK NORRIS HUMPED YOUR MOM AND WE WERE CREATED.

soz ment to hit edit not quote... mah bad on spamish

*facepalm*

Try not to double post. If you see the [quote] tags, that means you're quoting someone/yourself, not editing your post.
Back to top Go down
i pk urmom i
i pk urmom i

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Politics   Religion and Politics EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:54 pm

sorry i didn't really look :p
Back to top Go down
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Politics   Religion and Politics EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 6:26 pm

i pk urmom i wrote:

Spam, spam, spam spam, spaaaaam. Spam.

Guess what?
Spam.

Last edited by nine trees on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vitality
Respected Member
Respected Member
Vitality

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Politics   Religion and Politics EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:14 pm

nine trees wrote:
i pk urmom i wrote:

Spam, spam, spam spam, spaaaaam. Spam.

Guess what?
Spam.

Religion and Politics Spam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Politics   Religion and Politics Empty

Back to top Go down