Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHighScoresClient DownloadSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to RoyalScape's Community!
Please vote at royalvote.tk to bring in more players!
You can download the client by clicking the "Download" tab in the navigation bar.
RoyalScape is owned by Kevin, so all donations should be given to him.

Polls

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bird man
bird man

Polls Empty
PostSubject: Polls   Polls EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Ok i was looking at all of the posts for a mod/admin spot and i noticed for the polls most people were voted no. I think people are being dishonest and just voting no so they can get the spot which is very wrong Evil or Very Mad. There were 3 people voted yes, 10voted no, and 2 ties. What should be done is so you can see who votes or maybe they have to put a reason why not something long unless they want just a summary. you don't have to take my idea but are us players that bad of helpers?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
bird man
bird man

Polls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polls   Polls EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:32 pm

This might be the wrong topic sorry if it was if so move it please
Back to top Go down
Mischief
Donator
Donator
Mischief

Polls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polls   Polls EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Simply because the approval rating for most if not all applicants was very low doesn't be everyone was being dishonest. In all honesty most applications didn't deserve the right to even attempt to apply for Moderator. That aside, the votes were voted no by the community whether you think it to be a wrongful poll or not it's the communities wishes. Votes are kept anonymous to avoid confrontations and so on, it'd cause far more problems than you think it'd solve. Anonymity is often a communities best friend for important matters.

Although the topic pertains to Staff Applications, I believe you're making a suggestion? This belongs in the Suggestions Forum, though I myself will not move it.
Back to top Go down
bird man
bird man

Polls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polls   Polls EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:43 pm

I know that all people are not being dishonest and secerts are good at times and i agree some people shouldnt be able to try but if someone votes no to your post wouldnt you like to know why? so you could fix that problem... And try again after a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

Polls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polls   Polls EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:04 am

Roxy wrote:
Simply because the approval rating for most if not all applicants was very low doesn't be everyone was being dishonest. In all honesty most applications didn't deserve the right to even attempt to apply for Moderator. That aside, the votes were voted no by the community whether you think it to be a wrongful poll or not it's the communities wishes. Votes are kept anonymous to avoid confrontations and so on, it'd cause far more problems than you think it'd solve. Anonymity is often a communities best friend for important matters.

Although the topic pertains to Staff Applications, I believe you're making a suggestion? This belongs in the Suggestions Forum, though I myself will not move it.

David/Bird Man has a point. Most people do vote no because of the fact that they want it more, and THINK that they deserve it more. To be honest, polls are usually popularity contests, that's why the staff actually gives input whether this or that person should be the next moderator. Kevin and Tony ultimately decide, but the staff team votes for who they think could do the best job. And don't post back saying that staff members will vote for their favorites or friends, they actually think of how well they'd do on the team.

He also did point out the fact that it was in the wrong genre, so I'll move it now into general discussion, since it isn't really a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
https://royalscape.forumotion.net
Chrissy
Respected Member
Respected Member
Chrissy

Polls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polls   Polls EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:14 am

yea that's why i don't use or vote on polls. They are pointless, and when it comes to polls for mod spots... Most likely your closest friends will just vote no behind your back because they want to get that spot... It's like this in every rsps, forums, and etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Polls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polls   Polls Empty

Back to top Go down

Polls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: