Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHighScoresClient DownloadSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to RoyalScape's Community!
Please vote at royalvote.tk to bring in more players!
You can download the client by clicking the "Download" tab in the navigation bar.
RoyalScape is owned by Kevin, so all donations should be given to him.
Similar topics

What does being a staff member mean to you?

Go down 
+3
darkfire
Kevin
nine trees
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

What does being a staff member mean to you? Empty
PostSubject: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:07 pm

Well, I've posted this on about every server I've been staff on. I think it's important to see what people have to say, and what they think. You don't have to post, but it'd give a lot of people inspiration and even give you a chance to be staff. Or, if you are staff and post on it, it gives you a sense of confidence knowing that you've followed your own motto and gotten to the place you wanted to be, and may even help others do the same by what you've written. I encourage all staff and even the owners to write what they think of this, because it really does open a person's eyes.

What does being a staff member mean to me?

Being a staff member is more than getting a collection of pixels in front of your name for sucking up, or helping a few players around the server. It means a lot more. In my eyes, being a part of the staff team is giving people a positive example. We enforce, we help, communicate, and much, much more. We're like the police of private servers, and if we don't do our job right, we should be fired. Staff members are chosen by how well they'd do their job, not if they donate or suck up. People who do that are quickly demoted unless they prove that they were worth choosing, even if they donated or brown-nosed. If someone does their job wrong, they shouldn't be given a second chance, because a first chance is all they need.

If you want a job as a staff member, don't expect it to be all fun and games. Staff members have more responsibility. They have to follow extra rules and regulations.
Back to top Go down
https://royalscape.forumotion.net
Kevin
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Jamie, I'm impressed..... Everyday on msn, i get beggars asking for Staff, sucking up to me.. Its not about sucking up, that is why when I choose staff I will most likely choose the ones who don't ask for staff. Being a staff member is fun in the beginning, but in the long run its way more work than you would expect. Yes I have been bribed a couple of times by donations, but i have learned to have a great server, you need great staff, I'm very happy to see that you understand what staff really means.

And being staff is not all work either, we have our fun times.

Just like Police have their donuts, we have our perks such as In game advantages. But we cant abuse them. (<------ LOL, WORST COMPARISON EVER XD)
Back to top Go down
http://royalscape562.tk
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Kevin wrote:

Just like Police have their donuts, we have our perks such as In game advantages. But we cant abuse them. (<------ LOL, WORST COMPARISON EVER XD)

Not exactly, I was going to compare being part of the staff team to an executive in a cereal company Very Happy

And yeah, I've been co-owner of quite a few servers, I know what it feels like to be bribed and begged. I've always thought of being a staff member as more than just special rights, even before I was a staff member. I hate when people beg when they don't think of it the same as I do, or when people just get staff by bribing or sucking up. That shows everyone that the owner of the server who accepts donations or anything like it is a complete idiot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:47 pm

Jamie, Don't give me Tears Embarassed LOL. You're a great staff Jamie, You understand 100% how it is to be a Staff-Member, Keep up your Great Work!
Back to top Go down
darkfire

darkfire

PostSubject: Re: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:54 am

Kevin wrote:
Jamie, I'm impressed..... Everyday on msn, i get beggars asking for Staff, sucking up to me.. Its not about sucking up, that is why when I choose staff I will most likely choose the ones who don't ask for staff. Being a staff member is fun in the beginning, but in the long run its way more work than you would expect. Yes I have been bribed a couple of times by donations, but i have learned to have a great server, you need great staff, I'm very happy to see that you understand what staff really means.

Not trying to be mean but what did you expect? To say you have staff spots open and not get tons of beggars asking for staff?

I'm sorry but you shouldn't complain about something that you made happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:04 am

darkfire wrote:
Kevin wrote:

Not trying to be mean but what did you expect? To say you have staff spots open and not get tons of beggars asking for staff?

I'm sorry but you shouldn't complain about something that you made happen.

Having Staff Spots open doesn't mean you want players to Beg for Staff, It means; We got Staff Spots Open! So Apply, And maybe you get a Spot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:39 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
Hero

PostSubject: LOL   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:59 am

Lol,thats kinda funny about staff Owner Kevin can chose what he likes rather its begging lol! .
Back to top Go down
tyler

PostSubject: Re: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:49 am

a staff memeber would mean to protect server and make sure everyone is doing the right thing. also for them to stop ahcking and other stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:50 am

tyler wrote:
a staff memeber would mean to protect server and make sure everyone is doing the right thing. also for them to stop ahcking and other stuff

A mod cant stop flooders. ( admins to tongue )
Back to top Go down
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Don't post on this topic if you're gonna spam. Thanks to all of you who've actually posted what you think this is about.
Back to top Go down
Mischief
Donator
Donator
Mischief

PostSubject: Re: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Hmm, I've never been good at expressing my views but I'd still like to at least try. Being a member of the staff of whatever rank whether it be Moderator, Administrator, Owner, Co-Owner, Hidden Administrator, etc... means more than simply a fancy title and possibly an indicator in-game to me, it's all about bettering the community in whatever way I would be able under the rank I held. Simple, sweet, and to the point.
Back to top Go down
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Roxy wrote:
Hmm, I've never been good at expressing my views but I'd still like to at least try. Being a member of the staff of whatever rank whether it be Moderator, Administrator, Owner, Co-Owner, Hidden Administrator, etc... means more than simply a fancy title and possibly an indicator in-game to me, it's all about bettering the community in whatever way I would be able under the rank I held. Simple, sweet, and to the point.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Thank you, everyone who has posted on this. NOTE: I will delete any spam that is posted on this topic from now on.
Back to top Go down
Pz.

PostSubject: Re: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:46 pm

It means being respectful and helpful to other players. And of course having fun, playing with other players like a normal player. Be a good example to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does being a staff member mean to you?   What does being a staff member mean to you? Empty

Back to top Go down

What does being a staff member mean to you?
Page 1 of 1